EY and NCE Seafood Innovation – with a glimpse into the crystal ball
At a glance
Welcome to EY and NCE Seafood Innovation’s virtual event. An event for everyone who is interested in the seafood industry and its future.
In a new trend guidance and benchmark report for the Aquaculture industry, EY presents the latest development across the value chain as well as how the growth trend for the industry will continue towards 2040.
– Based on insights from our database, market trends and discussions with numerous industry experts, our overall forecasts show more than a doubling of global production volume when we count 2040, which corresponds to a production level of 5.8-6.6 million tonnes in 2040, Merete Skage from EYs Aqua team stated when the report was released.
– The Norwegian Aquaculture Analysis from EY highlights the challenges ahead for the industry. Looking forward we need to strengthen innovation and address the hurdles strategically, in order to achieve the sustainable growth and development we all aim for, say Nina Stangeland, Managing Director in NCE Seafood Innovation.
In addition, we will discuss two key questions:
- What are the largest opportunities for sustainable growth within the coming 20 years?
- What general conditions and operating environment is needed for the industry to succeed?
Joining us for the panel discussion:
– Jan-Emil Johannessen, Head of Genetics Division, Benchmark Genetics
– Henning Beltestad, CEO, Lerøy Seafood
– Knut Utheim, CTO, Grieg Seafood
– Fredrik Witte, CEO, Cargill Aqua Nutrition North Sea
– Einar Wathne, Director of the Board, The Seafood Innovation Cluster
– Nina Stangeland, Moderator and Managing Director in NCE Seafood Innovation
– Merete Skage, EY Nordics Strategy and Transactions Partner
– Maria B. Helsengreen, Nordic Sustainability Consulting Lead, Partner/Principal, Consulting, EY Norway
– Eirik Moe, Family Enterprise leader and Marine and Aquaculture Sector Leader