Land Meets Ocean: Developing New Sustainable Feed Ingredients
The fourth Land Meets Ocean looks at developing new sustainable feed ingredients from land and ocean.
Join the NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster, NCE Heidner Biocluster, NCE Blue Legasea, and Biotech North in their work of evolving innovation projects across the blue and green sectors.
Through the “Land meets Ocean” webinar series we will explore the possibility of innovation across aquaculture, agriculture, and fishery. Stakeholders and experts from the sectors will share knowledge and insights on what is done today, as well as challenges and possibilities of the future.
Throughout the webinar series these topics will be covered:
- Circular economy and the blue green opportunities
- Value development of residual raw materials from the blue and green value chain to new products
- Recycling of waste from aquaculture, agriculture, and fishery for new cross-sectoral value creation
- Development of new sustainable feed ingredients from land and ocean
- Panel discussions with the cluster managers and industry experts who will discuss the current innovation landscape within the sectors
- Sector insight from experts and stakeholders
Date and time
Tue, September 08, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
Fri, September 11, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
Tue, September 15, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
Fri, September 18, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
“Developing new sustainable feed ingredients from land and ocean”
- Introduction by Nina Stangeland, Managing Director at NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster
- Blue and Green: Novel Feeds Based on Wood and Seaweed by Margareth Øverland, Professor at NMBU and Center Leader for CRI Foods of Norway
- Increased export values from Norwegian biobased value chains by Karl Almås, Special Adviser, SINTEF Ocean
- New Feed Ingredients: The Possibilities within the Ocean by Kjartan Kramer, Senior Innovation Leader at Vis
- Q&A and the Next Steps Facilitated by Nina Stangeland, Managing Director at NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster
Behind the webinar series “Land meets Ocean” is four Norwegian clusters representing the blue-green sectors.
NCE Seafood Innovation is a cluster that works towards sustainable growth of the seafood industry. The cluster consists of 80 partners and members who represent the entire value chain in the seafood industry. NCE Seafood Innovation works within the focus areas; competence, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
NCE Heidner Biocluster is the Norwegian business cluster for green bioeconomy and sustainable food production. The members’ work includes research, innovation and commercialization of breeding, biotechnology, feed development, and residual raw materials.
NCE Blue Legasea is committed to developing the marine and bio marine industry and aims to be a catalyst for unique cross-sectoral cooperation, as well as to strengthen value creation and competitiveness for the member companies and the fishing nation Norway.
Biotech North is a cluster organization located in Tromsø, Norway, which serves the biotechnology and biomarine sectors in the entire northern portion of the country. The cluster contributes to increased value creation in trade and industry by helping to develop expertise and encouraging collaboration within the areas of innovation and internationalization.