Land Meets Ocean: Recycling Waste for New Cross-Sectoral Value Creation
The third Land Meets Ocean looks at recycling of waste from aquaculture, agriculture, and fishery for new cross-sectoral value creation.
Join the NCE Seafood Innovation Cluster, NCE Heidner Biocluster, NCE Blue Legasea, and Biotech North in their work of evolving innovation projects across the blue and green sectors.
Through the “Land meets Ocean” webinar series we will explore the possibility of innovation across aquaculture, agriculture, and fishery. Stakeholders and experts from the sectors will share knowledge and insights on what is done today, as well as challenges and possibilities of the future.
Throughout the webinar series these topics will be covered:
- Circular economy and the blue green opportunities
- Value development of residual raw materials from the blue and green value chain to new products
- Recycling of waste from aquaculture, agriculture, and fishery for new cross-sectoral value creation
- Development of new sustainable feed ingredients from land and ocean
- Panel discussions with the cluster managers and industry experts who will discuss the current innovation landscape within the sectors
- Sector insight from experts and stakeholders
Date and time
Tue, September 08, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
Fri, September 11, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
Tue, September 15, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
- Introduction by Kristiane Haug Berg, Managing Director at NCE Heidner Biocluster
- Green Fish Farm(R) – Sludge to Value by Crina Silvia Ilea, Green Fish Farm Leader at CRM Prototech
- The Possibility to Recycle Phosphorus by Morten Finborud, CEO at Hias IKS
- Production of Lower-Trophic Marine Organisms on Aquaculture Waste Streams by Andreas Hagemann, Senior Research Scientist at Sintef
- Q&A Facilitated by Kristiane Haug Berg, Managing Director at NCE Heidner Biocluster
Fri, September 18, 2020. 13:00 – 14:00 CEST
Behind the webinar series “Land meets Ocean” is four Norwegian clusters representing the blue-green sectors.
NCE Seafood Innovation is a cluster that works towards sustainable growth of the seafood industry. The cluster consists of 80 partners and members who represent the entire value chain in the seafood industry. NCE Seafood Innovation works within the focus areas; competence, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
NCE Heidner Biocluster is the Norwegian business cluster for green bioeconomy and sustainable food production. The members’ work includes research, innovation and commercialization of breeding, biotechnology, feed development, and residual raw materials.
NCE Blue Legasea is committed to developing the marine and bio marine industry and aims to be a catalyst for unique cross-sectoral cooperation, as well as to strengthen value creation and competitiveness for the member companies and the fishing nation Norway.
Biotech North is a cluster organization located in Tromsø, Norway, which serves the biotechnology and biomarine sectors in the entire northern portion of the country. The cluster contributes to increased value creation in trade and industry by helping to develop expertise and encouraging collaboration within the areas of innovation and internationalization.