Digitalization in aquaculture
Enabling technologies adapted to sector-specific challenges have the potential to create high-impact innovations. More specifically, the digital transformation of the aquaculture sector, applying tools such as cloud services using big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence, has the capacity to increase the sector’s efficiency.
The forum will address how improvements in precision farming, farming practices and profitability can be attained by using data technologies, and how increased forecasting and modelling capabilities may improve the management decisions.
Join us for a series of short presentations by innovative aquaculture businesses and leading researchers with an introduction to the wider context and application of big data by the European Commission.
- A comprehensive approach towards boosting digital and data technologies and sustainability in agriculture, by Doris Marquardt, Marjan Van Meerloo | DG AGRI – Unit B2 – Research and Innovation
- Digitalisation in the aquaculture sector, by Per Ivar Lund | ScaleAQ
- The use of IoT and IA for Digitalized and Sustainable Aquaculture,by Marilou Suc | BiOceanOr
- Managing muliti-stakeholder digitalisation and big data project. Bottlenecks and possibilities, by Jørn Torsvik, manager | AquaCloud AS
- PPP Seafood – a system by and for the industry to collaborate on the use of data, by Henrik Stenwig | Norwegian Seafood Federation
- Use of innovative virtual reality methods in practical aquaculture training, by Hendrik Monsees | IGB Berlin
Q&A from audience