Who is Kara?
– I’m an energetic girl from Porsgrunn who landed in rainy Bergen! I love learning new things, but I frequently need a straightforward explanation of concepts… hehe.
What is your role in the NCE Seafood Innovation Team? Why did you want to be Seafood Trainee?
– I work with competence and talent attraction in the seafood industry. More specifically, I spend a lot of my time, among other things, coordinating our competence programs.
– I’ve previously spent a year working in the cluster, both part-time and as an intern, and during that time, I naturally heard a lot about Seafood Trainee and all the fantastic opportunities that come with being not just a trainee, but a trainee in the seafood industry. It’s a great opportunity for me, as a recent graduate to experience the “working life”, while also expanding my network through the program.
What are you most looking forward to in your position as cluster coordinator and trainee, and what have you done so far?
– I’m especially excited about our plans to visit many high schools this autumn and host innovation camps to spark their curiosity about the seafood industry.
– I’m also looking forward to the gatherings with the trainees, especially when I finally get to meet them in September!
Describe yourself in three words?
– Talkative, caring and determined.
If you had one more hour each day, what would you do?
– I would plan something. I love planning.