Who is Rune?
– I am a technologist who likes innovation processes, focusing on results. Besides that I love jazz and coffee, and stronlgy believe in building relations face-to-face.
What is your role in the Seafood Innovation team?
– As project manager for digital transformation I hope to contribute to building competence and value creation in the seafood industry, helping to achieve solutions for a more sustainable and scalable aquaculture.
– Technology, insight, sharing and co-operation is key, and the Seafood Innovation Cluster and AquaCloud are great tools to achieve change. When it comes to global challenges, it is vital that we understand the ocean at scale, and we need to eat more from the sea. Norway is on the forefront of the seafood industry, and digitalization is a vital component to stay in that position, and also help/inspire others. My role is to support and enable the Seafood Industry in this.
What are you most looking forward to in your position as Project Manager, and what have you done so far?
– Looking forward to get to know the industry and it’s potential better, from the production at sea to the data analytics and politics. Coming from another sector I strongly believe in the creative potential of different angles to a problem, and convergence in technologies to find new ways.
– I have so far had the pleasure of being invited to co-present the newly published Industry Insight report on data sharing, which I believe wil be a common reference and framework for me, the industry and government in the coming years. I have met a lot of great people, and through my first Focus Group meeting on Digitalization I have gotten plenty of feedback on how to build a competence program – Seafood Digital – which I am working on. Stay tuned!
Describe yourself in three words
– Enthusiast. DIY. Traveler.
If you had one more hour each day, what would you do?
If you want to discuss digital transformation or have any questions for Rune, contact him here.