Who is Lena?
– I am (hopefully) a humorous and systematic strategist with a fascination towards people and thought processes.
What is your role in the NCE Seafood Innovation team?
– I am the Program Manager for the Seafood Trainee programme, which gives me a dual purpose:
- Attract and retain young talents for the seafood industry, so that the organisations and businesses within it are even better able to produce sustainable seafood (and thereby value), both today and in the future.
- Give the trainees the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of aquaculture industry in a broad perspective, thereby providing an understanding and personal development which will give them a competitive edge in their future careers.
What are you most looking forward to in your position as Program Manager, and what have you done so far?
– I am very much looking forward to meeting the Trainees for this year’s programme on the first module in September. Furthermore, I am excited about getting to know the team at NCE Seafood Innovation. I was lucky enough to be invited to join their team trip in June, and am impressed by how skilled, kind and dedicated my new colleagues are.
Describe yourself in three words?
– Outdoorsy, knowledge-seeking, foodie.
If you had one more hour each day, what would you do?
– Hopefully: learn new things or go for a walk. Most likely: scroll, do housework, or sleep.
If you are interested or curious to know more about the Seafood Trainee program, get in touch with Lena!